Many Great Northern historical projects and organisations have benefited from Heritage Fund donations. This page highlights several of them.
Previous recipients of Heritage Funds include:
- Our own SD45 locomotive, GN 400 "Hustle Muscle" (St. Paul, MN) - Locomotive batteries
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum (Duluth, MN) - Hosting 2009 Duluth convention
- Siouxland Railroad Historical Association (Sioux City, IA) - GN 1355 steam locomotive restoration - air compressor
- Stearns County Pioneer Club (Albany, MN) - Restoration work on GN Albany depot
- Minnesota Transportation Museum (St. Paul, MN) - Hosting GN 400 "Hustle Muscle"
- Iron Goat Trail (Scenic, WA) - Trail construction and maintenance on the old GN "Wellington" line over Cascades
- Illinois Railway Museum (Union, IL) - Restoration of GN 70104 hopper car
- Inland Empire Railway Historical Society (Reardan, WA) - Move equipment to new location
- St. Cloud Area Rail Legacy Museum - StaRail (Waite Park, MN) - Restoration of GN caboose X-240